Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Whatever happened to... the Chirps?


Photo by Tommy Sime

I often get asked about the Chirps and if we can do shows and stuff. The short answer is No. When I moved back to Michigan last October I talked to Jason Metcalf on the phone a few times and I recorded some solo stuff with Ryan Bliton, and the subject of a reunion was brought up by everyone. I spoke to Sam Huckleberry Johnson on the phone around the same time and he was also interested in playing. Jason ended up getting abducted by aliens or something, so I moved to Florida and started doing music on my own. Ryan records in his basement studio in Lansing and helps run a small record label, Lopsprout. Sam plays bass with Wayne Hancock now and is usually on the road, but he lives in Texas. As for other members, Lars joined the Coast Guard and still lives somewhere in Michigan, and last I knew Johnny was playing sax for a reggae band.

No comments:

Post a Comment