Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Letter To The Editor

Janne of Finland writes:

Hi Chaz!

I read your 4 Question Survey with Rockin' Ronny Weiser and found some wrong information about my country.

It is not true that Rollin' Rock became so popular in Finland that records by artists like Ray Campi, Mac Curtis, Johnny Legend, Jimmie Lee Maslon and Jackie Lee Cochran crossed over to the pop charts and appeared alongside stars of the day like ABBA and Donna Summer. The only Rollin' Rock record that went to the official pop charts in Finland in 1980-81 was Ray Campi's album Rockabilly Music; it went to Top 30 in February 1981 and stayed one week as number 30. These artists had some very successful concerts and tours here in Finland in 1980-81 (I saw them all except Jimmie Lee Maslon) but their records did not appear on official Top 30. Records of British bands like Crazy Cavan & The Rhythm Rockers and Matchbox plus records of a new band from the USA called The Stray Cats crossed over to the top of the pop charts in Finland in 1980-81 and appeared alongside stars of the day.

Regards from Helsinki,

Janne


I wrote back saying that I would do some research and fix the post, but in all honesty, I think the post reads better the way it is. Thanks for writing though! If anybody else wants to get in touch with me for any reason I always check myspace messages at www.myspace.com/chazbrackxmusic.

No comments:

Post a Comment